april 2017 entry info
april 2017 must include criteria
theme – family
word – wisdom
start story with – without warning…
character/name – Vanessa
item – surfboard
- No entry fee for the W.O.W Magazine Monthly Writing Competition
- Entrants must be a South Australian Resident
- Entrants must be 18+ years
- Only 1 entry per person per month
- Your story must be an original work created solely for this competition using this months theme and included criteria
- We accept all genres but not erotica
- You must complete and sign the Entry Form to be eligible
- Signed form and attached story must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be submitted by the closing date to be eligible
- Entry’s will not be returned so make sure you don’t send your only copy
- Entrants agree to receive future emails from Women of Worth Australia (W.O.W News)
- Entrants agree to Women of Worth Australia publishing any submission now or in the future, in any media.
- Members of staff, volunteers, their partners and family are ineligible to enter this competition
Competition Starts / Entry’s Open: 6th April 2017 at 12:01am ACST
Entries Close (Last Day to Submit): 23rd April 2017 at 11:59pm ACST
Judging Begins (by the W.O.W Magazine Team): 24th April 2017
Voting Begins (by the public) on Social Media & Website: 25th April 2017 at 12:00pm ACST
Voting Closes: 28th April 2017 at 12:00pm ACST
Winner Announced: 30th April 2017
You can submit you story anytime between April 6th and 23rd, just make sure that to submit by 23rd April 2017 at 11:59pm ACST or you entry will be ineligible.
To be eligible you must submit the following:
Entrant must submit their story along with the entry form to be eligible to win
- Story must be submitted in word or pdf format
- Each page must have a footer with page number, entrants name and title
- Formatted in plain font or normal size (if we can’t read it, we can’t judge it)
- Between 500 to 1,000 words
- Must be in the English Language
- Must be signed
- All fields Completed
- Synopsis of 50 words, if unable to fit on entry form you can include with you story document (make sure it is captivating as this will be used if your story is chosen as one of the 3 finalists)
- Title must be a maximum of 10 words
- Word Count of Story (make sure its between 500 to 1,000 words)
- Social Media Username
- Do not include any artwork in you submission, if you have any please make note of this on the entry form and we will be in contact with you at a later date to discuss this option
A condition of entry into this W.O.W Magazine Monthly Writing Competition is that you like or follow W.O.W Magazine on social media, so make sure you like our facebook page or follow us on twitter, instagram or pinterest. Those who don’t provide their username to verify their like or follow will not be eligible for the competition. We will also contact you and tag you if you are one of the final 3 or the winner.
facebook : miragesmagazine
twitter : @miragesmagazine
judging & voting
The competition winner is chosen via a 2 stage process, this process begins after the Editor removes all ineligible entries.
The 1st stage is the judging process which is made by the W.O.W Magazine Team. We will read all eligible stories and judge them based on the Judging Criteria below and the 3 best will be chosen. Each story will be give a score out of 100 and the top 3 will be chosen to move on the the public voting (stage 2).
W.O.W Magazine Team Judging Criteria
Use of this months theme and criteria (50 points)
Entertainment Value (how much does your story captivate us, will we still be talking about it or remember it tomorrow) (30 points)
Writing Style / Construction / Plot / Pacing (20 points)
Voting by Public
The 3 top entries synopsis and title will be posted on our website and social media pages for voting by the public on our website. Votes will be made via ratings on website post & likes on social media pages. These votes will be combined with the W.O.W Magazine Vote (which will remain anonymous, to help keep the competition fair) to determine the Winning Story.
So don’t forget to share this competition with everyone, as the more votes you get the higher the chance it is you may win.
Winner will be announced on the last day of each month, their story will be featured on our website the until next months winner is announced.
Winner will receive $40 in vouchers, this month its one $20 iTunes & one $20 voucher to spend at our OP Shop.
The winner will be contact via email & social media of their win. They will also be contacted by email to discuss the best option for voucher delivery.
terms & conditions
- Entires submitted to the W.O.W Magazine Monthly Writing Competition will not be returned.
- Entires can only be submitted by the Author of the Story.
- The Story must be original and unpublished.
- W.OW Magazine reserves all publishing rights to your story and may publish your story at a later date, in any media.
- W.O.W Magazine reserves the right to change the conditions of entry, cancel or vary the competition process at any time, whether before, on or after the closing date.
- The Judging & Voting decisions of W.O.W Magazine are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Breached of Terms & Conditions and failure to meet entry criteria will render entries invalid.
- W.O.W Magazine expects that the winner of the W.O.W Magazine Monthly Competition will promote their win and the W.O.W Magazine, including the W.O.W Magazine Monthly Writing Competition on their social media accounts.
- W.O.W Magazine may print a Winners List throughout the years, with the winners name, the winner agrees to their name being on this list.
- By entering the W.O.W Magazine Monthly Writing Competition you agree for your name and email to be enter into the Women of Worth email subscription list (W.O.W News). For more information about W.O.W News click here.
W.O.W Magazine will collect the minimum personal information necessary to process a entry and administer the W.O.W Magazine Monthly Writing Competition.
We will only use the personal information from the application form for the purpose for which it has been provided and for directly related purposes, such as contacting the applicant and verifying social media details.
We will not disclose the personal information with our the consent of the individual to who the personal information relates, except for purposes directly related to administering the W.OW Magazine Monthly Writing Competition.
For more information on how we handle your information, including subscriptions visit www.womenofworthaustralia.com.au/privacy-policy/